View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #23
Quelch
Groupie
Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quelch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch and iPad 4 hers, Samsung Galaxy S 8.4 mine !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
It's a big leap if you do decide to use it. Personally, I wouldn't suggest jumping ship for Linux unless you have a real life friend who's willing to help you out. They'll be able to help you install Linux as well as suggest great Linux applications to replace your old Windows applications. Once you're setup, everything should be fine.

Linux is worth it, but it is a hard jump to make in isolation.
Seconded

Roughly ninety percent of the worlds computers run a Windows operating system
The remaining ten percent is shared between Apple and Linux

I fix computers for computer club members, hardware and software, in my humble opinion the OP would be better served in upgrading to Windows 8 while it's still available at a reasonable price

Microsoft Security Essentials is built-in, using Malwarebytes or SuperAntivirus as an adjunct for security and downloading programs through Ninite.com to ensure toolbar free and ad free downloading of programs the OP's computer should be close to bombproof !
Quelch is offline   Reply With Quote