Thread: Dropbox Help
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
If it is still in your dropbox account, go in there, make a copy of that database, then past it back into users\patrick\calibre library.

The thing that annoys me about using the dropbox app on the computer is if you drag a file into it it moves it from the original location into dropbox (or in this case users\documents\dropbox). I when I feel like uploading epubs that I have on my computer into dropbox, I usually just select the ones I want do a copy then paste it (not paste shortcut) into dropbox.
This is not a Dropbox issue per se, it is the way both Windows Explorer and macos Finder work. If you drag a file from one location on your hard disk to another location on the same volume, it moves rather than copies that file. If you want to copy, hold the ctrl key (or on mac, option key) as you drag. The cursor should change to show "+", indicating that it will place a copy in the destination folder ( in this case, the dropbox folder). Of course you can also use copy/paste, but it is more steps in most cases.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-16-2013 at 08:37 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote