View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ksz View Post
None of the responses offer a viable solution. I am coming to the conclusion that
while the PE is useful for some applications, it is no iPhone !!
At the price I got it for I can still use it as an e-Reader, assuming I can download
books to it, which, up until now, is a real PITA.
It can also be used for browsing some of the Internet. Beyond that, it's useless.

Time to move on ...
First and forenost the PE is not a *phone* in any shape or form - it WILL NOT run apps that require phone functions - neither will any other tablet without 3G and phone functions built in.

When you realise the PE, and the larger EE, is nothing more than an Android tablet with integrated e-ink reader and work within those parameters you will find you have a very useful device.

Yes, we do have some restrictions on what apps we can run but that does not make the unit any less useful. My EE has replaced my laptop for most of my out of office use at clients - the laptop is now only used when I need to image a server or some such like task - e-mail, and normal office functions are available to me wherever there is WiFi.

It is not a gaming tablet - indeed it wasn't designed as such - and never will be because of hardware restrictions.

Maybe fot you it is indeed 'time to move on'.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote