View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torwan View Post
3, 5 and 6 speak against the Kindle. The Kindle is not able to expand its memory, it does have a small physical keyboard and it doesn't support ePUB. I'd bypass those and look for something else (I only own a Kindle, therefore I cannot recommend an alternative).
In spite of that, I'd still recommend actually trying a Kindle.
#3 is really a non-issue. Ebooks are small, and the Kindle memory is quite large enough to hold thousands of books.
#5 -- I think you need to use a keyboard a bit to decide you do or don't like it. I thought I would dislike it, and have come to prefer it.
#6 -- Format is a non-issue. I buy from whatever source I want, and convert to whatever format I need. If you choose an ePub reader, you need to convert Mobi files to use Mobi sources such as Amazon. If you choose a Kindle, you need to convert ePub files if you use ePub sources. To me, this is a wash.

On the whole question of collections and organizing your books, Kindle does reasonably well at it, and adding Calibre into the mix makes the cnversions easy and the organization of books and collections easy.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote