View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
Zora
Enthusiast
Zora began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Nexus tablet
When I first got the iPod, I couldn't figure out how to load books onto it. Someone at Distributed Proofreaders said to use Dropbox, which was working OK until I decided to move my entire library to Dropbox. That was suggested by an article at Teleread. I added four levels of file structure, which I am guessing what might be causing the problems loading files. (The levels would be something like Fiction - SFF - Bujold - Spirit Ring.) But I need those levels to chose among thousands of books.

I have a USB cable to iPod connector, but I thought that was just for recharging. I just now hooked it up and I cannot figure out how I am supposed to load directly onto the iPod.

The iPod has an iTunes icon, but that just connects me to the online store. I am not storing music on the iPod; it's just for books. I have a fair bit of music in my PC iTunes folder and I don't want it on the iPod. I originally synced the iPod and iTunes and then decided to erase the music and stop the syncing. The music took up space that I could use for books. If you tell me that there's a way to use iTunes to add books, I would have to make a choice between keeping books or music in my iTunes folder on the PC.
Zora is offline   Reply With Quote