View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #8
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Im interested too. The topic of "what constitutes literature" could be of lively discussion. When I personally think of literature I feel it to be something that has meaning. Such example is The Grapes of Wrath I consider literature as it describes the feeling and struggle of people, where as The Da Vinci Code is just a story thus not literature. A Christmas Carol is literature, anything by Matthew Reilly is not.
I am wary of those "discussions" as the last time i saw one on this board, it devolved, predictably, into people calling others elitists and descending into temper tantrums about how they wanted to read fun things not things that made them work.

I prefer classics and some modern literature, but I am interested to see what gets suggested and how we set up the club in terms of book picks.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote