View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #65
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ould View Post
Do you find that the battery drains quickly with CM7? I seemed to notice a big difference between it and Rooted 1.1. I switch over to one of the Froyo builds and the battery drain seems like it is back to normal now. I also tried out the Honeycomb build and really liked it but some apps I use refused to run without crashing every time. Hopefully once the source code is out it will get better and better.

As for readers I have been flip flopping back and forth between Moon+ and Aldiko and I think I prefer Aldiko at the present time. I read a whole book in Moon+ and it had some weird formatting issues(I think it may be the Bold/Italics thing that has been mentioned before.) The only thing I kind of miss in the Aldiko is the status bar you can have in Moon+, I like having the clock and percentage completed displayed, moreso the clock. Any way to accomplish something similar in Aldiko?

Kevin
To tell the truth I haven't noticed the battery drain being excessive, but I haven't been paying attention to that as I've been intent on finding a good ereader program.

I haven't noticed any formatting problems in Moon Reader, I'm using 2.15 and I think it fixed those Bold/Italics problems in that one. Yeah, I like having the clock, that's what I missed when I was using Jetbook lite, didn't really think about it till then. Can't see a way of getting out of Aldiko full screen, maybe someone else knows.

I'm not crazy on Moon Readers bar however, it gives page number for within a chapter (I don't like how it loads a chapter at a time), and I don't like how the table of contents loads up over the book cover when you open an ebook from the beginning. It does at least give a percentage of the whole book on the bar.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote