View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by queentess View Post
Thanks for posting this. I'm trying to work my way through it now, but the font is so distracting that it's all but unreadable. If I may make a criticism of the medium, I'd suggest using a more typical font when formatting so that your audience can read it.
Thanks for your suggestion. Since I don't (yet) have an ereader myself, I sort of take it on faith that readers can play around and adjust the font until it looks good on their own machine. When I view the result in the online HTML view, I adjust it to Georgia font, medium size and it looks okay...but if your particular reader can't do something like that, I can see where there'd be a problem.

When I'm creating the file on my computer, I use a font that's easy for my tired old eyes to make out. I have to see what I'm typing, after all, so I can get it right. But once I get the story into shape, it should be no problem to change the font to something more standard so the conversion software makes it more readable to other people. I'll take a stab at it and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your comment...and yopur patience!
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote