View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:28 AM   #20
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSarge View Post
Sigil changes things in the book once you save it. I saved changes to Chapter Two FOUR TIMES (a simple justify center of the word "TWO" in the beginning of the file). Each time when I opened the book on my device, "TWO" was justify left instead of center. As it is the last noticeable error in the book, I said "screw it" and am leaving it as-is, as I'm not going to mess with it anymore.
Centering text can be a bit cumbersome sometimes, but usually that is due to the reading software. Sigil does some sanity checks before saving. If you use a style with the attribute 'text-align: center' it should work.

I personally save two formats. One ePUB, since it is an archive with files in an open format and one PDF/A. The PDF/A contains both the scanned file and the OCR-ed text. That makes it easy to search for text and being able to see the original image.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote