View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #14
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Thanks for your reviews/thoughts. Do the two of you who have the Note live in the U.S.?

I'm just wondering when this will come to the U.S. This is the first tablet that actually has me excited. I find the iPad just too cumbersome and heavy to read comfortably on for long periods of time. I like the 7" tablets but they aren't that portable. The 5.3" Note seems to be just the perfect size for a portable reading device. And I love the stylus and writing capabilities. I have no problem reading on the little ipod Touch for hours, so I figure the Note will even be better.

This is definitely on my radar. I just hope it's reasonably priced when it comes here.

A few questions --

1) Does it come with a reading app already installed?
2) Is there a compatible android reading app that has most of the features of Stanza -- specifically the ability to automatically sort your books into collections using tags applied in Calibre?

--Pat
The Galaxy Note is not available here yet but the Samsung Galaxy Player 5 WiFi is at Bestbuy for$269 US. I have had one for several weeks (very easy to root so as to freeze/uninstall bloatware). It is lightweight, makes a great ebook reader/music player/web surfer/movie player and has a great battery life.

I use Moon Reader because I like it's scrolling feature.