View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Would it be possible to publish Smarten Punctuation (the sequel) as a stand alone??
I guess that all depend on your idea of "stand alone." If you mean a stand alone with all of the functionality and features it currently enjoys as being a calibre plugin, then that's not very likely. A big part of the motivation for creating it was the fact that calibre was going to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting: maintaining/saving/opening the ebook container object; parsing all of its files into usable objects with descriptive attributes; side-by-side, visual comparison of the results (with the ability to roll them back). I just had to build an options widget and then hand the files off to a slightly modified SmartyPants script, and save what it gave back.

A stand alone that allowed a user to choose their options, and then feed an html file (or files) to my modified SmartyPants script which then outputs new file(s) isn't out of the question. But that's probably about it. It'd take me a decade of Sundays to adapt all of the functionality that calibre contributes to my little project into a stand alone tool.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-05-2014 at 11:33 PM.