View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #315
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've been testing some more fonts, such as the old standby's Garamond, Caslon, Minion Pro, Latin Modern (LaTeX default font) and Georgia.
To be honest, I find these fonts to be dreadful on the Kindle Paperwhite.

The two fonts that did surprise me are Trebuchet MS and DejaVu Serif: they look quite nice, but they lack weight compared to Caecilia. They are too thin for my liking. This is a complaint I also often had (have) with hardbacks: many of the ones I own have thin fonts, which is not good for people with bad eyesight.

As I don't have any options to easily add some weight / thickness to fonts (and don't have any knowledge of font creation whatsoever), I'm back to Caecilia 4 again. For reading long texts, I don't really like non-serif fonts such as Futura, Helvetica or Verdana.
I agree with you on the fonts you mention. Even with added weight they just don't look good. I do love Trebuchet and have added weight to that one. It's from the Kindle Fire where I got my copy. I read with that or did till I got the PW now the KF just sits on a shelf.

Try Charis SIL posted here in this thread. It's really nice.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote