View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
elaysee
Groupie
elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elaysee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook, Kobo, Kindle, iPad
The Phoenix Pick free eBook for October is
Georgia On My Mind & Other Stories by Charles Sheffield

Sheffield was a physicist and hard SF writer. I've read little of his work, but he's a particular favorite of a good friend of mine.

To get the book, go into the catalog page at http://www.ppickings.com/, scroll to Sheffield's section and click on the "free book" link. This month's code is 9991264.

Quote:
Includes the NEBULA- & HUGO-winning title novelette.

A collection of some of the finest short stories penned by a master of hard science fiction, this anthology includes Charles Sheffield’s highly acclaimed novelette, Georgia On My Mind.

Georgia On My Mind won both the Hugo and Nebula when originally published in 1993. The accompanying stories were written by the author between 1987 and 1994.

“Sheffield, a physicist, proves to be one of the most imaginative, exciting talents to appear on the SF scene in recent years.”—Publishers Weekly
elaysee is offline   Reply With Quote