View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #31
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
crashing errors in mobigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggotb0y View Post
Sorry, didn't document the usage. Its as follows

mobigen.exe "my example book.html0" --author="Smith, Agent" --title="My Example Book" --cover="My Neato Cover.jpg"
I've tried to build a book I scanned and ocred three different ways.

1. I used bd2mobi and had problems. first I couldn't get past the file validator, and got sent back to the syntax use declaration. For this attempt I had the hltm0 file, bd2mobi.exe and mobigen.exe all in the same directory. Finally I tried bd2mobi but sent the target file to the original BD LastFile directory instead, and got some action. This generated a crashing error in mobigen (some kind of access violation, I think. I'm not enough of a developer to dig into the debug of mobigen.) twice.
AppName: mobigen.exe AppVer: 4.8.8.7 ModName: mobigen.exe
ModVer: 4.8.8.7 Offset: 000dbe90

2. I went back and tried to follow HarryT's instruction doc as close as possible - reopened BD and saved as htm, opened the file in notepad and changed the justify, set the anchors, and set the mbpagebreak . When I got to Mobipocket Creator and tried to build, I again got a crashing bug, nothing is created and what appears to be the same exception, and Creator closes.
AppName: creator.exe AppVer: 4.2.39.0 ModName: msvcr80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.762 Offset: 00014580

3. went back and tried mobigen directly, using the html file generated in step 2. same exception.

AppName: mobigen.exe AppVer: 4.8.8.7 ModName: mobigen.exe
ModVer: 4.8.8.7 Offset: 000dbe90

Since the book is a copyrighted file, I can't post it here. It's pretty basic, no images etc. Any idea what's causing the stupid thing to croak? Note that while the prc isn't pretty, the one I build from Book Designer is readable on my Gen3, but doesn't have the standard toc, etc.

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote