View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Some CSS properties not transferring when converting ePub to LRF

I have a beautiful ePub that I've painstakingly edited in Sigil to get the text to look just the way I want it... but when I convert that ePub to LRF (for use on my unupgraded PRS500), certain CSS properties just don't work.

The first property that I noticed doesn't work is:

Code:
text-align: center;
Being the inexperienced coder I am, I tried placing that property in <div> and <p> tags just to be sure. I also tried:

Code:
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
and

Code:
padding-left: auto;
padding-right: auto;
But the text wouldn't center. I even tried using the old school <center> tag.

Checking out some other parts of the LRF, I found that the following properties didn't work either:

Code:
text-align: right;
font-style: italic;
Though interestingly enough,
Code:
font-weight: bold;
worked just fine.

Now, I know that Calibre doesn't have LRF bugs fixed anymore and that I should have upgraded my PRS500 a long time ago, but I'm looking for other (constructive) answers. Could my CSS be wrong? Are these known issues with LRF that were never fixed? Are there any workarounds to getting these properties to work? Is there another epub2lrf converter that will convert the properties correctly?

(BTW, MOBI output was very similar to the ePub, so I'm pretty sure these bugs are isolated to the LRF format. Any tips to make the LRF output look closer to the ePub would be appreciated.)
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote