View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #59
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
A good idea for Sigil to have, might be to introduce a "Rolling Quick Save" or "Quick Save Slot" (I don't know the official term for it). I see it quite often in games in which they give a a certain number of quick save slots (perhaps have it as a user settable number, default to something reasonable like 6).

Every time you press Ctrl+S (or whatever Quicksave would be set to), it would save to the next slot, and then roll around back to saving in Slot 1 after the quick save limit (6 by default) was reached.

I am constantly pressing Ctrl+S after every few typo fixes. Having 6 quick save slots would mean if anything goes seriously wrong, I have the potential to roll back to 6 revisions ago.

This would also save from the dreadful "oh crap I messed up that Regex and replaced all, now would be the perfect time for my brain to hit Ctrl+S like my brain is trained to do after doing large fixes.......... uh oh, now I can't reload the last save because all of my footnotes are ruined."

This just happened to me on an EPUB that I was working on yesterday, luckily there were only maybe 20 that were broken, so I was able to manually type those back.

Perhaps these quick save slots might also be a perfect time to also introduce the "Save every X minutes" that multiple people have mentioned on these boards.

Bug #1: As a side note, there is a little bug that bothers me about the Mass Rename functionality. I believe this attached image should explain the bug perfectly.

Bug #2: I believe it started in Sigil 0.7.0. If I remember correctly, in the previous Sigil version, whenever you loaded/ran a "Saved Search", Sigil would auto-default to "Regular Expression" mode. Now, it stays on what was the last used setting ("Case Sensitive" or "Normal"). When I run a Replace All on a few of the cleaning groups I created, the Regexes find nothing, since it is stuck on "Case Sensitive".

PS: The Sigil spellcheck implementation is incredible (just as I first brainstormed on these forums). It helped me catch hundreds of typos in this EPUB, and it is the BEST way to catch wrongly hyphenated words from OCR or bad conversions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SigilMassRenamingBug.png
Views:	218
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	103430  

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 03-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote