View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Ray Tayek
Enthusiast
Ray Tayek began at the beginning.

Device: as many as possible
newbie - keep original html and style

hi, trying to use calibre to make an epub. i have 2 books. each has 25 or so chapters each in its own html file. each file has an image folder with images.

my html validates as xhtml 1.1. these files have no style, class, or span. just headings, images, paragraphs, and lists.

depending on whether i import this an index file, a prc or use the command line, i usually get a lot of warnings and a lot of style is added to the epub.

sometimes i get a few thousand lines like:

Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 385 [1:1: width]
Property: Invalid value for "CSS Level 2.1" property: 385 [1:13: height]

sometimes i get a lot of:

<link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/><style type="text/css">
@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }</style>

the @page thing is not valid xhtml 1.1

also, it looks like puts a ul in a ul which is not valid (when making a toc or something).

is there any way to keep the original html and image folder structure? currently the images for foo.html are in images/foo/. there are duplicate image names (they are mostly like image001.gif, image002.gif, ...).

is there any way to eliminate most or all of the class and style that calibre adds?

if i fool around with the output size using the gui, i end up with one big html file (which is not so bad), but still has oodles of style).

are there some command line arguments that can help me?

thanks
Ray Tayek is offline   Reply With Quote