View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
dazcox
Enthusiast
dazcox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Oh no-I can't stand paper anymore!!!

The day I never thought would come finally has. I have given up on paper based reading!

To explain I've tried a couple of e-reading apps on various PDAs and smartphones but never got on with them. Last November I convinced myself I needed an E-Reader, as I do read quite a bit, and bought the Cool-ER (RIP). Loved it and really convenient and no issues with the screen. Sadly the cooler died and I exchanged it under warranty for the Sony PRS 300 (so glad I did this now interead are no more!) which I liked even more.

Used it loads for reading at the start of the year but in May I got my iPad...and the sony has been off since...

I enjoy reading on the ipad even more (and no the LCD doesn't bother me) but then last week my Father-In-Law lent me Michel Connelys The Scarecrow - In paperback.

I tried.

I really tried!

But as much as I wanted to get on and read it I couldn't be happy reading a paperback! I've been spoilt by my e-readers!

Had to go online last night and find a copy of the book in epub (ahem) and loaded it onto the Sony...Ahhh happy times

Now I can finish the book happily and will not be going back to paper for a while!
dazcox is offline   Reply With Quote