View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Morganucopia
Bookaholic
Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Morganucopia can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Mini
EPUB Formatting Challenge: Embedding blog posts in the flow of story text

Open challenge to all MobileRead ebook developers:

I'm currently designing a fiction novel in EPUB. Periodically throughout the story a blog is mentioned. I would like to actually break the story text and insert the first few paragraphs of a blog post along with a header image, and then have the story text continue below. Essentially, the effect I'm looking for is similar to books like the Shopaholic series that incorporate letters, or books that incorporate diary entries in the flow of text.

To set the blog post apart from the story text, I will have to use a different typeface, margins, a background image or colour, and maybe a border. I'll also include a link at the end to take the reader directly to the blog post on their web browser. Here's the beef: How's the best way to go about this? Should I create a div.blog to create my blog posts? If I use borders or a background graphic, what will happen if the page breaks in the middle of a blog?

Also, is there a way to actually "embed" an actual, live blog post in an EPUB file? I realize that the reader would need a live Internet connection, but I'm curious if it can be done. So basically, can we "embed" web pages in EPUB? I'd likely not do it this way, but I am curious, and I can't seem to find any info about it online.

Bouquets in advance to anyone willing to brainstorm with me. Thank you!
Morganucopia is offline   Reply With Quote