View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Why are you so hung up on this?

Why don't you just de-DRM your Amazon e-books, and then go look for a reader that does have what you want? It'd be much easier than keep waiting for something that probably will never happen (at least, at Amazon).
It seems he/she already does have a Kindle 3, which has nothing to do with expressing a desire for physical page turn buttons without compromising some of the newer niceties like paperwhite/illumination.

I would also like to see them add physical pageturn buttons to the Paperwhite. I don't even need physical menu buttons, etc..just the physical buttons directly under where I naturally place my thumbs. The subtle tensing of a thumb resulting in mind-control-like effortless pageturning is one of the wonderful things about my Kindle. I don't see why they can't just add them to have them there as an option for the people who want them (as does the Nook touchscreen, iirc). I can't imagine their presence would affect the form factor much, if at all.

That said, it's not a huge deal. I'll probably pick up a new Paperwhite someday and adjust.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote