View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
IMO, the main reason they are experiencing double digit decline is because they rarely come up with anything other than incremental spec bumbs. The world passed by those guys long ago and now they are fading in our rear view mirrors.
I'm not sure I agree that they're in the situation they're in because they rarely upgrade but I do agree that not even doing an incremental update would be the worst solution to the problem.
E-ink's problem has always been two-fold: it isn't a mass market device. How often have we seen these polls that show how little the general populace read? Everyone wants a tablet for TV and games and movies and email but very few want an e-reader. Secondly, an ereader is a single purpose device that does its job really well. Once you've bought a clock for your house how often do you upgrade it? Once every twenty years? Ereaders are in a similar situation. I couldn't go back to a 2009 tablet but I could use my old PRS 650 quite happily for the next 10 years.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote