View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 AM   #22021
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Late afternoon cup of Keemun tea, looking out at the rain...

We used up the last of our free tickets this afternoon for a 'luxury lunch' at a hotel in Kyoto. We get these tickets based on 'points' gathered through the use of our credit cards. Last time we went to a very Japanese hotel complete with garden. Today we went to a hotel with a revolving roof-level restaurant overlooking the city and the mountains surrounding it. Lovely setting. The food... well... it tasted OK I think... but it was hard to tell as it was 'French' style... i.e. three baby lettuce leaves, half a radish, and half a cherry tomato for a salad, a bowl with 1/4 cup of cream of cauliflower soup, and the main dish was a single slice of pork the size of a credit card, surrounded by three Julianned strips of carrot and a french fry. But the plates were very pretty, if somewhat large. And it was free. If I had to pay for it, this would be in the Vent and Rant thread.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote