View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
route66
Connoisseur
route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.route66 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The difference that you're seeing isn't the tiny amount of residual light, it's the two layers of material necessary to diffuse the light and detect your touch. The screen looks very different because it IS different. You can see that the text it below the surface, whereas before it looked like it was practically ON the surface. You can see the fine dots for the capacitive layer if you look closely. What you cannot see is the light, it's just physically impossible. I have extremely light sensitive eyes, so much that my eye doctors always tell me that I should be sure to always wear sunglasses outdoors and I can tell the difference between glass & polycarbonate lenses, yet I *CANNOT* detect any difference between levels 1,2,3, or 4 in a lit room, which means that I'm definitely not seeing the light at level 0.

No it's not the layers. The screen looks exactly like the Kindle Touch only when it is on standby (showing the screensaver) - I'd like the option to keep it off.

If you cannot see the difference put it next to an earlier Kindle or switch it on in the dark.
route66 is offline   Reply With Quote