View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #16
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
I'm another Kobo user running the beta Linux version of the Kobo app. Never installed the A&R version.

Will this work for us? Or could we, as mentioned above, use an SD card to apply the update?

Thanks for all your hard work and for keeping us updated!
For the linux guys, I'll have to get you the v1.4 of the desktop application to install over your current install. This will grab the USB firmware update for you (I think, I will verify as soon as we ship this thing, we will find a way for you guys, don't worry).

RE: SD card, it will be a by-request service, but those of you who are more technically savvy will be able to flash the device using an SD card. However, we can't target this update to avoid the users partition, you will lose all your stuff if you use the SD card method.

The USB method however will preserve your files / bookmarks / books.

@mememe - No, we have separated from the mother ship and occupy our own office space just east of Richmond / Spadina.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote