View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
Oh yes.
Both of them told me firmware was updated, just discovered that it is NOT.

See: Build edge-eng 1.0 COYOTE eng.buildmaster.20100615.154702 test-keys

Lol.

Could you please confirm this is the right file for upgrading their firmware to the latest Dingo?

http://ethanphoenix.com/entourageedg...go/Edge%202.0/

I remember of two Dingo versions for the Edge (1.13 and 1.6), so I'm not sure this is the latest.

Coyote was an update to Badger. These have been sitting in a warehouse for a while. Not that this is a bad thing.

I believe 1.10 was the initial Dingo release and then there were a couple of other minor releases ending with 1.13, and 1.6 is a major update to those.

Update Golden will need to be renamed to update (.zip) and installed, and then the other update.zip file will update the EE to Dingo 1.6.

If they plan on replacing the OS it's best they do it sooner than later because teh Golden Dingo will wipe their eDGe clean. I would definitely update to Dingo 1.6 as most Apps today probably won't even run on Coyote or even Dingo 1.13.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-25-2012 at 11:55 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote