View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
I have to agree with parafluie on this one. Sony should have made some statement of sorts, "We are releasing the new Readers on xxx date and in yyy stores." There should be people camping outside the stores waiting for the day to arrive. There should be media coverage of those people and why this product is worth the wait for. There should be parties, mass hysteria and lots of rejoicing!

What do we get? Definately not the fairy tale version of Apple's marketing strategies. For me, I email Borders.com to ask if they will be carrying the new Sony Readers. I get a curt email telling me to check with my local manager. I then go to my local Borders and ask them; they have NO information. Here in San Francisco the Sony Style store closed its door a couple years ago. So that is not an option. Here I am writing on this forum sadly waiting till I can get my new elusive Sony Reader I want so badly to upgrade from the ones that have been using religiously every day since I bought them (500, 505) 3.x years ago.

Please someone at Sony be reading this and make my dream come true! I want Sony to be MORE popular than Apple is. I think you can by a better marketing scheme!

Sincerely,
Seth Williams,
San Francisco, CA
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote