View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Fun View Post
It's interesting your thoughts about mobi considering your efforts with the ereader2ereader tool. It leaves me with an impression that you are impartial to a particular format.
Well I try to be and am willing to experiment with new formats. Ultimately what I'm after is the best solution. One that will give me the best price, flexibility, and user experience.

After my effort, the effort you mentioned I realized eReader is just not there yet. I like FW and their pricing model, but their books are just not there. To be fair I read a lot of Non-Fiction books with tables, images, graphs, and links. The eReader does not handle them well. Now for regular chapter book fiction the file format is just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Fun View Post
When buying from the stores, I tend to choose "mobi" so I don't have to do any conversions for my blackberry. If mobi is not available, then it's "lit" or "epub" if those versions are available. "ereader" format tends to be my last choice if I have no choice and really really want the book.
Yes I waffle between MOBI and LIT when I buy books. I've pretty much standardized on LIT because I use TTS a lot.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote