View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by droople View Post
Hi Solitaire1

Thank you for your reply.

Can I embed fonts in ereader format books?

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
So far as I know the answer is no. I am 99.99% sure this is the case, but it is hard to be definitive for an unpublished format. See Wiki: eReader for what it can do.
I have some experience with the ereader format. I used to use my Palm OS PDA (a Palm T|X) and the Palm Reader for my ebooks before getting my Sony eReader.

Basically, with the Palm Reader you choose a font that you've loaded on your reader and your ebooks will display in the font. My Palm Reader came preloaded with four san-serif fonts (Small, Large, Bold, and Large Bold) and I was able to purchase more fonts for my reader.

As far as fonts go, when you purchase a typeface you get several different-sized versions of that typeface. As an example, I purchased the Charter ITC typeface (which is similar to Times New Roman) and received it in the following sizes: 10, 12, 18, 16, 24. To my eyes, the 24 size looked about the same size as 12 point on my Sony Reader.

I hope this helps.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote