View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Baen call those Omnibus editions
Where 1 to 3 books in a series have been combined into a single volume.
I currently use an Omnibus tag, but that does not easily cross reference to the individual (original) titles, using the Omnibus title as a reference link only.
I am looking for ideas
Condition 1: Individual books are in library, and series indexed in order <Calibre does this well
Condition 2: Omnibus is in the library, no individual book index overlap < 1) How to make cross a reference entry 2)What to set the series index value to for the Omnibus

Condition 3: A mix within a series of Omnibus and individual books < series index setting a huge issue

I already use empty books as (and tagged) placeholder for future release/purchase markers

Ideas please

Next up: Author Pseudonym cross referencing within Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote