Thread: ebook survey
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 02:51 AM   #9
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anappo View Post
You have likely already considered it, but this:

> Have you ever breached copyright by downloading a copy of a
> book or any other digital media from a website distributing the
> media without the consent of the copyright holder?

Would result in silly high proportion of "pirates". How many of us have really -never- downloaded copyrighted material? It would be interesting to compare this number with something like:

Q: Out of last 50 (non public domain) e-books you've read, how many did you actually buy?

It would be more difficult to word this the other way around - "how many obtained illegally" would include DRM-removal on your purchases and bypassing geo-restrictions as "piracy".
I think the question as it stands is useful, and I also think the slightly different question you propose is worthwhile too.

I also forgot to ask 'Is it OK to download a bootleg copy of a book for which you already own a paper copy?'.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote