View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #172
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaczmilk View Post
Sorry for disturbing you in this topic. I tried to connect my Kindle Touch via SSH to disable diagnostics mode. I connected KT with USB to my PC and enabled USBNetwork in diagnostics mode. Tried to connect ssh to the IP address displayed on KT and I can't. Netowrk error. I can't even ping this IP address. Any ideas? It seems to me that I'm facing all possible problems with this device.
all the typical configuration issues that a first timer faces. Exiting Diags, Setting up ssh and PC side networking. etc.

more notes please on the exact configuration and commands you are running.

otherwise it is just guesswork for us.

Your PC config, type of machine. have you tried nmap. What have you tried? you mention ping but the exact commands give us more to go on.

knc1 has posted a nice huge thread on configuring ssh. heres one whats docs are you referencing? the readme is not effusive, better threads exist

you have checked the ssh process is running also? I put together a thing that spat out my boottime processes when I was trying to track down where my ssh had gone (the prboom thread amongst others IIRC)

thanks

Last edited by twobob; 03-13-2013 at 11:47 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote