View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 PM   #1
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
More ranting about pricing...

A paper subscription to Reader's Digest is $10/year. They have to print the magazines, have a place to store them until they go out for delivery and pay for delivery.

For a digital subscription, their server makes a copy of a file in about one nanosecond, sends it to Barnes & Noble's server, which then sends it out to my Nook Tablet. No publishers to pay, no leasing warehouse space, hardly any humans to pay salary to. Yet it's close to $18/year. Almost twice the price of a printed subscription!!! (Amazon is same price, so pricing is set by the publisher.)

I know this whole issue has been harped on for years here, but that's just the point--when will these publishers ever learn?

I'm not getting any subscription by the way. I just wait for my parents to hand me down their printed magazines. I suppose that's pirating by today's standards.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote