Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #194
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrangirl View Post
True, but in the GPL they state that it can be downloaded from their site, and imo one should honor any such statement written in the GPL accompanying their product.
They do have the source code for their other 2 readers, just not for the Orizon. Isn't that a bit peculiar?
I will ask for the source code by contacting the support team, though I doubt I will get it
I'm curious why this is so important to you. Are you looking to get the source code and modify or fork it? Or, are you just complaining on principle?

(see my sig ftw)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote