Thread: GPL violation?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #193
terrangirl
terrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of itterrangirl has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Cybook Orizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They are obliged to provide a method of getting hold of it, not necessarily to have it downloadable on their web site. Contacting their support team is certainly a way of getting hold of it, provided they respond in a reasonably timely manner.
True, but in the GPL they state that it can be downloaded from their site, and imo one should honor any such statement written in the GPL accompanying their product.
They do have the source code for their other 2 readers, just not for the Orizon. Isn't that a bit peculiar?
I will ask for the source code by contacting the support team, though I doubt I will get it
terrangirl is offline   Reply With Quote