View Single Post
Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@oldbwl and @hijack,

I'm sure we're all sorry to hear of your "disappointment" and the "waste of your valuable time" incurred by updating to the new version of calibre.

However, I would have thought that anyone with a modicum of common sense would know that upgrading software within a couple of hours of release is likely to bite you in the rear-end every now and then. If you wish to avoid the pain, wait a few days, watch the forum and make sure there aren't any serious gremlins before you take the plunge.

Software development of something as complex as calibre is a tricky business. We get new features and bug fixes pretty much every week, free, gratis and for nothing. I only wish all my paid-for software worked this well.

If you have a problem, it usually suffices to state the problem rationally without moaning and whingeing. If it's a regression the fix normally arrives in a week or sometimes less.

As someone once said "Anyone who has never made a mistake has probably never made anything."

Still, look on the bright side, at least now you've heard of Tweaks.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote