View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
bmacaskill
Enthusiast
bmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheesebmacaskill can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
More:

The Kobo default font (and I don't pretend to understand how these things work) is much more attractive than that of the K3. I brought in a few non-aligned judges (read: people who don't even know what an ereader is); five of five preferred the Kobo font. The K3 font looks like a fat Bookman.

At the risk of repeating myself: the K3 is *way* faster. Suddenly, going from text to menu to system to menu to text seems workable. Such an operation has always been onerous on a Kobo.

Power-off to time-on: negligible on an K3. You know about the Kobo.

Free newspapers and magazines (a la Calibre) look much better -- is it the display? The layout? I haven't yet tried side-by-side.

Did I mention power-off/power-on time? I'm still waitiing for the Kobo to come up so I can do the newspaper comparison.

ONTH, the K3 has a finicky teeny tiny keyboard with irksome little keys. OTOH, the Kobo has none...
bmacaskill is offline   Reply With Quote