View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
The reason there are no other decent miniatures games is that GW has run everybody else out of business. It wouldn't be so bad if their miniatures didn't look so silly.
That makes for a god theory but bit think the truth is the market cap for this industry isn't huge and most of the guys that create a great system usually aren't the best businessmen. So far the demise of every good system that has had a good chance to threaten GW has collapsed from the inside.

I still lament at the demise of Chronopia one of my favorite game systems. GW however did not hesitate to pick up their leading artist and sculpture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I would be surprised if that is the case. Their share price is high, sales are high, they have several nice IPs that ain't going anywhere soon.
Share holder remember the "Rings" era when they had tons of cash since the series ended they have never recovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
Privateer Press is doing well. WotC's miniatures games have also done fairly well, even when you consider their horrible distribution model and low-quality casts.
They have Mike McVey which has gotten them a good following, another system that has been gaining is Dark Ages.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote