View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
@Blossom,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I did what you suggested (brilliant!) and went to install it and the KF stated that there was a conflict with an already installed program. So I hunted around - no more app icons on the carousel or in Favorites - but by pressing on the Apps menu - they were all there! Even the Amazon free apps (I didn't have any paid apps).

So now I can give it back as a useable device. The 13-yr-old girl isn't much into tech nor are the parents - so this is a real windfall for them. Finances are so difficult here in Greece now that I am thrilled to help them make better use of their gift.

May be un-cool to say, but I really like dealing with Amazon (products). Not perfect, but surprisingly very good.

Blossom, I was actually thinking of PM'ing you with this question as you usually have excellent advice and suggestions! You beat me to it. I really appreciate the help.
You're welcome and I hope she enjoys her gift! Reading is one of the most precious gifts anyone gave to me growing up. I don't even know who is was who gave me my first real book, (one of those secret Santa things) but it open up a whole new world to a abused little girl who just wanted the ugly to go away and found her escape in reading.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote