View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #37
jeankap
EReading Gadget Maven
jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: All of 'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did just manage to download the one that was giving me trouble. But, give how these need fixing (poorly formatted), I might be better off using Calibre to convert them to ePub from the MS Reader files.
Good luck with that. I couldn't get Calibre past the licensing problems.

FWIW, I just received the following from S&S customer support:

"I understand this has been frustrating for you. And I am very sorry that we have not been able to resolve this issue for you. Because of the difficulty, I have issued a refund for your full purchase amount of $24.36. Please allow up to 30 days for this to be fully visible on all of your credit card and/or banking statements."

We have corrected some issues with our eBook service that may have affected this purchase. So if you would like to attempt another purchase of this eBook, I would highly recommend doing a complete uninstall of the Adobe Digital Editions program, deleting any files you have downloaded from us for this purchase, and restarting your computer before purchasing again. Additionally, if you do choose to re-purchase, please let me know so that I can give you a discount code to compensate for the inconvenience."

Again, I’m very sorry that you were not able to download your eBook. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

I feel better about the whole situation now that they have corrected it with a refund. Since my ADE books work from every other place I purchase them from, I'm less inclined to to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of ADE. So S&S has redeemed themselves as far as doing the right thing, but I will continue to purchase books from the tried and true in the future.

-Jean
jeankap is offline   Reply With Quote