Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #56
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I have just tried the 2009-09-01 EZ Reader Basic firmware. It does fix two ePub problems: a) page number was getting bigger as the font size was made larger, and b) images were getting larger (bigger than the sceen) as the font size was increased. As was said previously, it does not add hyperlink support to ePubs. It also replaces the original 5 ePub fonts sizes with 4 font sizes. The new smallest font size is even smaller than before, the 2nd font is the same as the original smallest font, and the largest font (the 4th font) is now smaller than the 2nd font size previously. In my opinion, the fonts are now much too small.

I don't know why getting the fonts right is so hard. Sony has 5 font sizes for its PRS-700 and PRS-600, and Sony ebook library shows these sizes on a Windows PC or a Mac. See the attached screenshots. The largest on the Sony is about the original Jinke 4th size and the smallest on the Sony is about the new Jinke 3rd size. The Sony font sizes may not be optimal, but they are better than the Hanlin options so far.
I agree, they go from one extreme to the other. Why can't they find a middle ground. This looks like something that Astak may have don't themselves as it is not released on the Jinke site. I have noticed a similar release of the Bebook so perhaps it is a trial balloon. I haven't tried the bebook one to see if it is as bad.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote