View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #1
spock1
spock1 began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Question Frozen M92 won't reboot

I have an M92 which is stuck on the "Reading the World" screen with what looks like a Chinese calligraphy character on the left side. I plugged it in to charge, both using the USB from my computer as well as a 1.0A charger. The orange charge light does go out, but the device won't power up. I don't get a blue light. On occasion, if I hold the reset for 5 seconds, release then hit power, I get blue and orange at the same time. Unplugging the USB will then give me blue, but it never does anything else. I've opened my device, and the battery measures 5.4 volts.
I've tried all the tricks I've read on the forums, including trying to flash the special update-20120309.zip unfreeze firmware. I then found the thread that had the special Mfgtools-Rel-11.10.19_ER_MX50_UPDATER.rar program. This offers at least some tangible evidence that something is going on.
I hit reset to be sure the device is off, then '-' and 'power'. The program then recognizes an HID compliant device. I run the updater, which progresses through a couple stages, then gives me an error "Updater Error 0xffffffea (-22) -" but it'll now show my device as being "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" and I get a drive F: but it doesn't have a "disk" in it, since I get "Insert Disk" error when I try to access the drive. I've hit reset and tried multiple times. I tried doing this with or without the SD card installed, I even tried doing it once with the battery disconnected, all yielding the same error.
Sorry for the really long post, but I figure more details on what I've tried may help narrow my issue possibilities.
spock1 is offline   Reply With Quote