View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #1863
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
Interesting. Yes, I usually leave the WiFi on so that I can consult Wiki and other online sources. I do use Calibre, I just don't use it with collections. I've tried to sync the collections including importing the collections I have (had) on Kindle into Calibre, and the other way around basing them on the three deep Genre column I created in Calibre, but it doesn't work. I get a whole bunch of additional "collections" that are just book titles and no recognition of the collections already on the Kindle. I sort of gave up trying to get Calibre and Kindle to see eye to eye.
Then yes, your Kindle could have updated. You can check it in the settings menu, and look in the "collections manager" thread in the Kindle forum to see if that is why CM isn't working for you now.

If Collection Manager still works -

The three deep genre column in Calibre is not going to work the way you were hoping, for making collections on the Kindle, I don't think.

In Calibre look at the Kindle Collections, Customize Kindle Collections, and see what you have for "actions." You can select the Genre column to create collections from. Then click ok, and click Kindle Collections, Create. When it's done, eject. Wait for the Kindle to finish processing, then start Collection Manager on the Kindle. then go to settings and select "Import collections from Calibre."

Another thing, I am not sure if you can use CM to import kindle-only collections to calibre. The feature in CM that says "Export to Calibre" has more to do with exporting changes you have made on the device, so that the Kindle Collections plugin doesn't change something you don't want changed.

I hope this helps.