View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #31
b0ned0me
Connoisseur
b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.b0ned0me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
Taking the "decades" view of the author,
That bit is such brain-dead drivel that I completely ignored it. Talking about 'decades' in anything business-related pretty much translates to 'the foreseeable future' or 'a few years'. A couple of poor business decisions by senior management, one rogue person in the finance department, a large mishap that attracts the ire of a regulator - the ways of destroying a multi-billion dollar business are legion, and that's assuming the whole product category doesn't become replaced by something else.
It could happen to Apple or to Samsung just like it happened to Motorola, DEC, Sun or any number of other fallen stars that thought they were bullet proof.
b0ned0me is offline   Reply With Quote