View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #58
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
So, if I want to stay with a 7" tablet, I can get a Nexus or a Nook HD+ for the same price. The Nook comes with a micro SD slot, but it's locked. So, if I buy the Nook, I HAVE to root it 'cause I FAR prefer the other e-readers I'm using on my Nook Color (now a rooted Nook tablet), to the Nook reader...

I wouldn't mind rooting it, but I TRULY dislike going over to get the stuff for rooting. I understand that nerds LOVE to be abstruse and make it difficult to find, figure out which one is the right one, and figure out how to use the software. But, these guys have elevated it to an art form, creating an environment that's incredibly difficult to navigate, decipher, and understand for a "mere" user.

Back when I rooted the Nook Color, I questioned the need to make the site so impenetrable, and was told "It's not meant for "normal" people. It's SUPPOSED to be hard to understand and hard to use. If you're not willing to spend the number of hours required to figure out which software, what version, understand all the three-letter-acronyms, wade through the jumps and hoops to get the instructions, and figure out how to do everything, you SHOULDN'T be here."

Which makes the Nexus look really attractive by comparison.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote