View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I find that as I am past the bulk input stage, one of the commonest cases for encountering a duplciae is that I add a newer (and normally better) version of a book. I would certainly like an easier way of saying it is the NEWEST one that is important and over-write the existing copy. At the moment I find I have to go through the Edit Metadata route to achieve this (or add as a duplicate and then merge) - and cannot simply do it via the standard Add Books route.

Hopefully this will be one of the issues that will be kept in mind if a more effective dialog on what to dump and what to keep is developed.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote