Thread: Aura HD For U.S. Buyers...
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
For U.S. Buyers...

For those in the U.S. ordering the Kobo Aura HD -

So I had a very strange issue with my Kobo Aura HD purchase & am passing along info in case someone else in the U.S. is having a similar experience.

1. Pre-ordered Aura HD last Thursday (18 April) with existing Kobo account. Received 1 email for new order from Kobo, with confirmation #.
2. Checked credit card on Saturday (20 April) - no charge, no pre-authorization, no nothing! Hmmm...weird, considering I had read in another string on MR that other U.S. customers had received shipping notices and that their credit cards had been charged.
3. Placed 2nd order for Aura HD Saturday (20 April) with existing Kobo account. Received 1 email for new order from Kobo, with confirmation #.
4. Checked credit card on Sunday (21 April) - no charge, no pre-authorization, no nothing for either order!
5. Conducted online chat with Kobo customer support on Sunday (21 April). Kobo can't find any record in their system of either order! They are escalating issue to Tier 2 support to investigate.
6. Checked credit card on Monday (22 April) - no charge, no pre-authorization, no nothing for either order! By 6pm EST, no word back from Kobo Tier 2 support on the issue.
7. I called Kobo North American support - very long story short (they still couldn't see any indication of either order from last week at the time I placed the call), I set up a completely new account, with different email address than the one I used for my original account and voila! I received 2 emails immediately from Kobo - the new order email & invoice email. And even better, I kept the Kobo customer rep on the phone while I set up the new account and re-ordered - she confirmed that they can now see the 3rd order in their system!

Very weird! I can only surmise that since my original Kobo account that I used for the 1st 2 orders is over 3 years old with only 1 ebook purchase, that that has something to do with the problem???

Soooo, hopefully I will be getting my shipping email now soon! :

Hopefully this is isolated to just me and not a broader issue with Kobo's U.S. ordering system.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote