View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
However, I could only get the computer to recognize it if I connected it with the special USB cable provided (40 pin to USB male). I connected the dongle and used a USB male-to-male cable but got nothing. Nothing on the GT and nothing on the computer. I don't really want to carry the special cable around with me (lose that and you're toast until you can get another) and the dongle isn't that useful if I can't connect it with a PC.
Consider yourself lucky. I couldn't get my GTab to be recognized on my Macbook Pro at all. (I'll have to tinker some more)

As for special cables, look on places like Amazon. I bought a cable bundle (automobile, USB, AC outlet) for $15 USD. Cables are easy to find everywhere. There are even multipurpose USB dongles that have USB port, charging port, and SD card slot all in one. (though it can only charge or access devices, not both simultaneously)
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote