View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxwalls View Post
There certainly seems to be something peculiar happening with my normal email - That's when an email to Kindle "just vanishes into the ether"

However, I have used another email account and can now mail documents through that account to the kindle.

I am assuming the username is the email address but I have no idea what the "hostname" is
Hostname is the (custom) mail Server to use. Like: smtp.yahoo.com to send
depending on your host, you may need a full email address to logon:username@hostname (note: this hosname may be different than the one used to send. consult the HOST ISP's documents for proper settings
port is the port the specified Hostname expects for authentication. 25 is the old standard (weak). 587 is a common (more secure).
Many ISP will no longer accept a port 25 logon from outside their own network (address space).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote