View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneDelse View Post
Amazon: another company who was happy with interoperability as long as they didn't have their own proprietary format. *sigh*

You know, these days, when I'm looking for books online, I'm beginning to favor non-Amazon sellers. Fictionwise for ebooks, Abebooks for used books, Lulu for POD, etc. Recently I happily discovered The Book Depository, a UK based seller of new books at very good prices.

Too much economic weight in a single basket: not a good thing, ultimately.
yes, i agree. i get worried when i see someone who wants to make the ultra-mega-giga-of-the-universe *anything*. i use amazon for browsing (i like the "search inside" feature) and for keeping track of things with my wishlist, but i don't buy from them anymore...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote