View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #20
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Apart from the backlight (which many people do like), a main attraction of the 1150 is the low cost. An e ink version would probably cost around $300, like the other e ink units out there. I don't know if it could compete. I suppose it would depend on what other features it offered. A touch-sensitive overlay might not add too much expense, but as I understand it, the touch-sensitive (as opposed to Wacom-style pressure-sensitive) overlay isn't transparent enough for a reflection-only display. Adding a side-light as well as the Wacom screen would probably bump the price up to the range of the iLiad.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote